Friday, November 5, 2010

Wednesday 11/3 The House, "take one!"

Molly and I were due in the lobby at 8:30, so we decided to take a walk on the beach!  First of course we took showers, and grabbed coffee  (and a smoking hot bagel that had just been delivered for Molly!) We had to go down a steep hill and series of staircases and over-the-road walkways and then we were on the beach! The sun was coming up and we walked along the sand. It was so beautiful and inspiring.  As we turned to leave  we saw something out of the corner of our eye, it was two dolphins! They were close to the shore and we got a photo! As we headed towards the sidewalk, my phone rang...it was Bob the AD, saying that Matt was up at the hotel and they needed us to leave early for the shoot! Oh boy! The sprint up the side of the cliff begins, with Molly kicking off her flops and just charging, and we arrived in short order! Matt has gotten us lattes and Molly rode shotgun as we drove out to the rented house for the shoot.  Matt played us some great bluegrass music.  We stopped at a church a couple of blocks away, where everyone had to leave their cars, and of course the breakfast catering was set up. Huevos Rancheros, omlettes,oatmeal with toppings, a juicer, muffins, krispykremes,fruit,bagels, ETC!!! The food really is unreal!
We vanned up to the house, it was beautiful, ranch style with big open floor plan and a gorgeous pool in the backyard,surrounded by Dr. Seuss trees.
Molly got into make-up and wardrobe, and we got a peek at baby Molly and young Kerry.  I said I guess that left me with the roll of old Kerry, but Jerry Rice of P&G said I could be Contemporary Kerry! Doesn't that sound like an action figure?! So I guess it's cool to be me!  Molly and I did a bunch of shots in the kitchen and it was really fun.  They said to act like Molly was helping me cook, and I said that really was acting!! It was fun though, I just talked and chopped veggies while they shot film. It goes so quick.  Then Molly changed, did more shots, then we broke for lunch. Lunch was set up across the street on a lawn that someone rents out! The catering truck was there with a full salad bar, shrimp salad, Greek salad,ceaser salad, pasta salad, breads, entrees of rack of lamb, pecan encrusted salmon, chicken Marsala,and 2 others. dessert of hot brownies with icecream and toppings cookies, and of course espressos,lattes etc. over on the truck.  Mind you the snack table is always open,with pringles,candy,power bars,yogurt,fruit,cookies,brownie bites, almond roca, jelly beans, etc.! Are you hungry yet? I wish I liked to eat more, but I certainly have been trying new things ala my blog goal.  The afternoon saw Molly doing swimming shots and shots on the elliptical against a black background which looked awesome.  The cinematographer was filming in HD, super 8,slow-mo,fast-mo, and Molly had to start,stop,look up, smile,don't smile,wait,go,fast,slow, and in between wardrobe adjusted things and Claudia sprayed her with fake sweat! At the pool, they had a towel wrangler to hand Molly a towel, and 2 splashers to put their feet in off camera to agitate the water just so...it is really amazing,complicated and fascinating!
When she finished on the elliptical the shoot was a wrap and everyone started to applaud her, and Malcolm and Dion.  They all started breaking things down right away and moving out.  Molly and I were presented with a beautiful picture of the 2 of us, from Janet and the P&G family.  Yes, I started to cry,you knew that!  We all took some more photos, then headed into Malibu Canyon for a fabulous wrap dinner at the Saddlebrook Ranch, a log cabin building complete with stuffed heads, guns,cool chotkes all over the place.
The dinner guests were Janet ,Jerry,Clients,Malcolm=director,Jen,Tatum,Jesse,and Ken -Agency, John- producer,Dave from SO and Molly and I.  Entrees included bison,elk,gazelle,antelope,and other game animals.  I had Filet Mignon for Dad, and Molly had salmon.  Since I don't drink, I got to drive everyone home on the Pacific Coast Highway, all twisty through the mountains-awesome!
We are back at the Oceana early, but whipped, so we hop in our cloud like beds and go to sleep. Job well done Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment