Tuesday, February 8, 2011

book club night!

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan was a big hit with the book club! What a fantastic story and a great night all around. Our new member and old neighbor Donna Campbell came to her first meeting, with her NOOK, and caused a rumble! She says she'll never go back to a real book again. Rhonda countered that she has read Frank's and really missed the real book.  So jury is out on that, I really want to try one...
Leah came and hung out with me today(yay!!) and we baked Chinese almond cookies and rice pudding, to go with our book. I even found some mandarin orange tea ( "we are a pair of mandarin ducks") and that was a big hit!  Shawne won the door prize, a pretty Chinese paper box.  Our book for next month is Passing by Samaria by Sharon Ewell. I got to pick because it's the one year anniversary of the club, and I started it! so I gave myself the honor!  I hope everyone like it as much as I did. I am looking forward to reading it again.
Here is my Leah showing off the finished cookies! What a smile!

In further news, the Hincka Hill is now officially open, with it's 75foot bobsled run! I hope to post pictures soon! Danny and Jerry tore it up after school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment