Saturday, January 1, 2011

12/31/10 New Years semi-rockin EVE!


Well, the last day of 2010 and it is pouring rain here in Michigan. Not snow, rain!  Danny and I hang out and read and Jer and the girls go for a run.  When they get home, they are soaked, and they say to me "hey, we kept looking for the van to come and pick us when it started to pour!"  Ooops! Never crossed my mind, I'm so mean.  I took Danny over to Rolleramma at 12:45pm for the afternoon New Years skate.  They dropped a bunch of prize filled balloons onto the rink at 3pm, which was cute. Shawne and her kids, and her friend from college Theresa and her 2 girls, Samantha, freshman and Jackie, 7th grade, met us there.  Danny basically never left the rink, he skated his head off.  I;m getting old, because after an hour my ears were killing me from the pounding skate music! Old lady!  We invited everyone back to our house to ring in the New Year, and when I got home, Jer and the girls had set out a beautiful buffet on the table. We had everything form all parties out to be eaten, from cheeseballs and venison sausage to pizza and chocolate dipped animal crackers! Add a crockpot full of pulled pork and Theresa's gift basket goodies (caviar,Toblerone dark,greek olives) and we were ready to party! The kids disappeared downstairs to play roundrobin pingpong, Harry Potter Trvia, crafts and Wii, and Shawne, Jerry,Thersa and I enjoyed a great game of Scrabble in front of the fireplace.  For those keeping track, Theresa was in the lead and Jer snuck in at the last minute and won! It was Shawne's first time playing Scrabble, and I have no excuse!  We rang in 2011 in the Sandwich Islands, which put it at 9pm Michigan time, perfect!  I had set out wine glasses and sparkling juices and we poured a toast for everyone...and Danny  and Jack handled the ball drop from the top of the stairs, and we counted down...and then they dropped cottonballs! It was so much fun. Everyone left by 10pm, and though Charlotte went to bed, the rest of us stayed up til midnight and watched the ball drop in time square.  And yes, we did run outside with our pots and spoons and clang up a storm and yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

No comments:

Post a Comment