Saturday, December 25, 2010

Thursday 12/23 First Annual Santa Hat Hop

Getting ready to set out on the run!

Jumping for joy that we made it!

It's Christmas!!

So I thought, in the spirit of 49 and Forward, that we should start a new run, on the first day of Christmas vacation.  We all wear Santa hats and go for a run, spreading cheer about the town!  We ran downtown to the bread store and back, a 6 mile run, and we got lots of horn beeps, waves and smiles. So, mission accomplished!  The weather was nice, finally about 34, so it even felt mild. It was really fun!
When we got back, we had a flower delivery from our friends in Portland, a gorgeous arrangement of red roses, green ornaments, white roses and holly berry leaves.  What a nice gesture, and it is a beautiful centerpiece for our table. Thanks guys!
Danny had basketball practice at 3:30, and Jerry and the girls went down to the U of M bball game, vs. Baylor in RI.  They said Baylor looked scarily good for a while, but then Michigan pulled away.
My question of the day is....
How is it possible that someone who shops on black Friday can still need to shop on 12/23?  I think I need to plan better. Thought 1- take lists I make to the store with me!   thought 2- make a list!!  Anyway,
I set off for Wal-mart and Kohls(one last shot with my 30%!) got a couple of last minute goodies, and was home by 5:30 to wrap and organize.  Danny didn't get dropped off til 7:15, so I had lots of time. His great Coach decided to hang out at the gym with Danny and his son Scott and do some extra drills.  Between that and the run, Danny sure was tired.  A hot shower, Christmas cookies, and bed with his book was all he wanted. In the past 2 days he has whipped through  The Door in the Wall  and The Phantom Tollbooth
which is amazing to me! Hope Santa brings him more books!

No comments:

Post a Comment