Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wednesday 3/2/11 The Joy of Service

I am blessed to step in for Mary Jo at Ashley Court this morning, and it is just a great time.  One of the activity people is out, so I help get the building 1 and 2 folks marshaled over to the church area. I am still trying to hold off on too much hugging and kissing, though they feel they have turned the corner on the respiratory illness that swept through the place.  10 residents died in January. that is tough. Having been going there for 3 years or so, I know most of the folks who died pretty well and I will miss them.
Wednesday is also my library volunteer day with Danny's class. He has reached the 550 point mark in his AR reading program, he is certainly the top 4th grader, and close to the top of the whole school at this point. Ironically he reads alot of books that aren't even AR books! Go Danny!
Wednesday night after serving pasta up to Molly,Charlotte,Collin,Ryan and Danny the boys head off to Lacrosse practice, Jer to his knights meeting and the girls to the basement to watch TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment