Saturday, March 12, 2011

spaghetti dinner dance!

oh yeah! Jerry and Danny are in the Howse! It's hard to appreciate the big hiphop walk going on with out hearing the music, but trust me...it was there, and it was hilarious! The fam volunteered to help serve, clean up and assist with the silent auction at the Special Ministries Spaghetti Dinner at Saint Pats/ we had a ball, good food,great chance to serve. And Danny won the table prize for his table, a lovely green candle, but he was thrilled! The silent auction went well, I went to Kohls and scoped out a bunch of t-shirts and cool jewelery, with a 30%, it was a bag for 50 bucks. I donated it, and they made a good bit of money from it. What was nice was that alot of the items in the auction were expensive, and the idea I had with my stuff was to have some inexpensive things that anyone could afford. The special ministries client who bought the scooby doo t for 6$ was so excited...mission accomplished! Jerry bought me a framed photo taken by my friends Linda and Rich Marth's son Ben. He is a photographer, and this photo was taken in Kyoto, though it is not Japanese. It is a photo of a loading dock in the rain, it looks like a cross. I just liked it, and I'm planning on hanging it in the library. Beautiful, but made more so by the friend connection. Thanks Jerry!
Other activities of the day included the Detroit Science Center for Jer and Danny, bowling for Molly, Ohio State Basketball watching for Charlotte(victory over Michigan!) and cake baking for me (a butterscotch dump cake-supposed to be for the dinner, but they had too many desserts so we HAD to keep it!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment