Sunday, April 24, 2011

Holy Saturday/Easter Vigil

Well after a terrible forecast, we are surprised by a beautiful day! Finally a good day for track practice and we all enjoyed it (except for Danny who was sleeping in!) Molly was really put through her paces by PJ, who got her to run an 8 minute mile! Jerry and I ran too, even though I didn't want too!
I did a bit if shopping in the afternoon and got Charlotte a sweater for her new dress, and Molly a new dress and sweater to wear for Easter. Mom and the girls went to see Soul Surfer together, and Charlotte was in heaven!
The vigil begins at 8:30, right at sundown. Jerry and Danny are ushering and we get great seats. My favourite is the singing of the Exodus reading, just gorgeous! At 11:30pm Charlotte, Mom and I head home, and the other guys go on to the reception.  Meatballs at midnight! They help set the basement for the overflow crowds expected on Easter Sunday.  Baskets set and sleeping by 2am!

No comments:

Post a Comment