Monday, July 11, 2011

Roma Ramblings-- Hydromania!! (please say eee-dro-mon-ee-a)

Rome Diary Monday July 11
We are very excited! After using the trusty computer for research we have found a water park in Rome! Our plan is to go for the half day session at 2pm, allowing Danny to snooze away the morning, as he likes to do. And he does! We eat breakfast at about 11:30 and lotion up and set out. We are not sure where to find the bus 906 that we are looking for, so we just stop a bus, hop on and point to the paper on which I have written, Bus 906-Hydromania. This seems to work well, and we are dropped off in one spot, and wait about 15 minutes, then the 906 rolls up and we are on our way. We brought our read-aloud and take turns reading to each other, which is fun. Time it perfectly and we are entering at 2:05. It looks great, we head right to the wave pool and start bobbing. For the first time in a week my temperature drops below 100! My feet are so happy to be soaking and not walking. All those museums will just have to wait till the next trip!  No one speaks English, and when people tell us things, we have no idea what they are saying. We manage to get on some cool slides. After a couple of hours, I take a break and head to find a bottle of water. As I wander with my money, I round a corner and there is a foam canon beginning to fire up and shoot foam at everyone! I zoom back to get Danny, and he has fun being foamed and I get some great photos! Everyone came over, old, young, men, women, everyone here likes to have fun!  I grab a coffee and a fanta for D then round him up to sit for a snack. Not hungry he snarls, and I know he is! After cookies and a soda he revives, and we head back into the scene. What is happening now in the big wave pool(waves off) is that there is a live DJ/dance leader and another guy spinning and mixing music, like an outdoor dance club. Everyone is in the pool, facing the DJ and doing crazy dances along with him and a couple of pretty girls! Danny and I  wade right in a get our groove on, we don’t know the directions called out but we can follow, and we have a ball. Kinda glad there are no photos of this! More swimming and sliding, and then they close it down at 6:15.  We walk out to the place where the bus dropped us off and a bus rolls up. It is hot, so we just get on, and I show the driver my paper with area we want to go. He nods. About 5 minutes later, in a neighborhood, he pulls over and tells us to get out and says another bus number. Okay! We spot a water spout and down to containers of water and commence reading our book(Clockwork Three) and the bus rolls up! Hooray! After about 10 minutes I stop reading and tell Danny we need to keep our eyes open…and I think, hey wait a minute, this is our street! Danny pushes the button, and the bus door opens literally on the doorstep of our Taverna where we have gotten food for the past 3 nights! GOD is good we say to each other as we pick out our dinner, stop for Danny’s gelati and head home. The guests who were supposed to be here had their passports stolen in Switzerland, so they can’t come, and Danny and I have the whole apartment to ourselves. It is Danny’s day, so he chooses Looney Tunes cartoons to watch, then reads me another chapter of our book.  This was a wonderful break from the touring, and we had a good time together(though I am not as much fun at a water park as Christopher or Ryan would be-I tried!) Last day in Rome tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment