Monday, July 18, 2011

Loaves and Fishes Sunday July 17

One of my favourite volunteer opportunities is today! The whole family works on cooking for,setting up,serving and cleaning up for a community dinner, which rotates among churches in Brighton. Tonight is St. Pats turn, and I deliver my cottage cheese and ice cream and roll up my sleeves! I have to excuse myself in the middle to scoot upstairs for mass, I have the privilege of being a Eucharistic Minister. Try not to be judgemental of the 30-something who is wearing shorts to give out communion, but really!
Jerry and the girls are serving when I get back, and the girls love sitting down at the staff table for a sloppy joe and salad! The group is mostly seniors and people with special needs, a friendly and grateful bunch. Very humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment