Saturday, May 28, 2011

No Mother Goose! Is it still Friday?

So weird not to be working, but I managed to survive.  I spent most of the day dealing with the fall-out from my jerky ticketing service and the issue that cropped up. I though I had all the flights set yesterday,and at a good price. Then I get an email from David-the agent, saying that the credit card didn't go through, but not to worry, we can square it away today. So Jerry lets citibank know to send the charges though, I email David at 7am to say it's all set, and he calls me and tells me that the prices went up over night! WHAT! Needless to say I was extremely upset, and spent many hours on line trying to see if I could find anything better, but indeed the rates had gone up. If he had told me there might be a rate hike overnight, we could have called citibank last night! Anyway, 700$ more later, all tickets are booked. And truthfully, it is still better than it was 1 month ago, and much better than 3 months ago, but really...
So trying to shake it off and just be excited about the trip. Danny and I are going to Rome on 7/6 when Jerry and Charlotte head home, and staying a week to explore on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment