Sunday, November 20, 2011

Baking for the Army man

Danny and I spent a lovely morning baking together and listening to the third and final story in our Peter and the Starcatchers series. The audio narration by Jim Dale is something I enjoy so much. We baked spice cookies, and from-scratch brownies with white chocolate and butterscotch chips. They are cooled, saran wrapped 3 times, put in a plastic bag and bubble wrapped! I hope they arrive edible!
spice cookies are Jake's favourites!

I had the opportunity to chat with Jake today via google. This was wonderful. Nothing major said, but I felt close to him being able to talk in that way. God Bless the computer!
Loaves and Fishes dinner tonight, we brought sloppy joes and our smiles, and served about 60 folks. Ron played his guitar and sang, which made it quite festive. I love serving with the family.
Charlotte flys home tomrw. I hope it all goes well. I am excited to see her, I missed her!

No comments:

Post a Comment