Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday-10/29 Workin' on the chain gang!

Whoo-papa! 9am - 9pm at good old Brighton District Library!  We started out with the Mother Goose Cafe,Halloween Parade and Storytime.  The kids were awfully restless but looked adorable in their costumes. We had princesses, dracula with a pacifier, an itsy-bitsy spider, and lots of cute pumpkin outfits.
Highlight for me was after the whole story time, with me dancing and hopping around, as a Dad is leaving, he comes over to me and leans in...I think that he is going to thank me and say he had a good time, so I look up and smile and he says "You know,  your costume is see-thru!"  Oh my GOSH! What am I supposed to say?Wish I had said "there's no extra charge!"  but I wasn't that quick.
Stayed after hours to help with the Teen pumpkin carving contest, with fabulous pumpkins provided by Farmer Hank from Posen,MI. With the library budget cuts the donation was really appreciated.  Plus I got to work with Anne and Roseanne, no one in the place I'd rather spend a Friday night with!
The kids headed off to BBall with Super Dad;every one of the remaining 7 seats was full!
With the still painful Ivy I was happy to finally sit down around 10 and slather on my creams and potions.  This ivy needs to start calming down...

No comments:

Post a Comment