Thursday, August 2, 2012

Shame on Me! bad blogger, bad blogger!

Where did the time go? I can't believe I let it go this long.
 Likely excuses:
1.  Move the family out of the house we had lived in for 5 months. ? - how did I accumulate so much stuff? Jer and Danny had to buy 2 more suitcases on the afternoon before we left to hold all my "treasures!
2. Packing in all our last minute plans- last mass at our church in Den Haag, oh, that was hard to leave. Touring Amsterdam by bike for Danny and Jerry and a visit to the Amsterdam Historical Museum for the girls and I. Visiting the markt, donating everything we couldn't take home to Terre de Homme. Visiting the Oranjewould offices for a cooking lesson by the company cooks on Jerry's favourite soup.
3. Cleaning the joint. As my Mom always says, "leave it better than you found it" and so I do..
4. Getting the luggage onto the plane--Holy smokes! 6:45 am--After slogging it all into the airport and up to the counter, it begins. 1 bag is way too heavy, one bag slightly too heavy, next bag a bit light but packed so full that nothing else can get in it. So I am suddenly one of those people that you see on the floor of the airport with 6 bags open, books and undies strewn around,madly grabbing things and shoving them in to different bags, you know who I mean...you avert your eyes! We finally get it though and move on to the lounge to get the kids some breakfast.
5. Jet lag. Oh no, never mind, I don't believe in jet lag!
6. Pack and repack. Spend 3 days in Brighton, flying under the radar, washing clothes and repacking a few suitcases. It is good to be home and great to be hot! Temps in the Netherlands barely reached 68 degrees, so the heat of Michigan feels GREAT! (I know you disagree, but I stand by my statement!)
7. Drive 668 miles to Toms River NJ to spend time with my Mom. She had a car accident over the weekend, and lots of tough conversations need to take place. Along with wave riding, sand castle building and Jersey pizza/bagel/sub eating! Grab my niece Allie and nephew Chris to hang out over the weekend with Nana and the cousins. Awesome family fun!
8. Olympic fever--Who has time to blog with all the great sports? I love the Olympics and could just watch it all day. So could Molly, who especially loves the swimmers right now. And the athletics hasn't even started yet. I don't know if I'll be doing anything else for the next two weeks!

So my list is complete, except it or not here it is! I will be better in future, honest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment