Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Winter Games Traverse City

I've got an early call for my room in the morning-up at 6, on the shuttle at 6:30, and on the field at 7:50am. This morning it was 10 degrees when we went out at 8:30, maybe it will be a bit warmer tomorrow?
Since there is no snow,  all the long distance runs are cut, and the distance shoe-ers can only run 75 m.
For Molly and Charlotte this is a bummer, because with their stamina they really shine in the second part of the races. BUT- Oh well! The sun is shining, the athletes are pumped and all is right with the world. I love to be at these games. No matter how many times I've been I continue to be awed and inspired. This years theme is Everyday Heroes, and that is what these guys are-working and struggling to do their best in sports and life-they are true heroes! Pictures to post tomorrow-
love Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment