Monday, February 20, 2012

The fifty year club gets larger!

Happy Birthday Laura Bedner!
Ed invited us to join him in surprising Laura at Cia Amicis tonight. We did a great job, all the guests were on time and we were curtained off in a private dining area. At 6:40 0n the nose Ed,Hannah and Laura arrived, and we all shouted "SURPRISE!"
Laura was totally shocked! I got to sit next to Diane Gale, aka Miss Gale-the girls ID teacher from Lindbom. It was great to catch up with her. Laura loved the open hearts pandora charm that Shawne and I gave her, and her friends Mina and Ahmad gave her 2 beads as well.  The 50 glasses were a big hit, and the birthday girl sash fit just perfectly.
Laura and I have been friends for 16 years I think! In that time we have really been each others family for partys and special occasions. We have gone to swim meets and SO events, band concerts,choir concerts,school plays,ball games..it has been wonderful. As I said in a short letter I wrote to her. "your friendship has been a golden thread that has woven itself through the years of our families lives. " I feel so thankful to have her in my life and ask you to say a birthday pray for her tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment