Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The continuing saga of Home Improvements

Before
After!

Today I had lynch carpet in replacing the carpet on the staircase to the bedrooms. This was planned before the pipe incident, as part of the new floor project. I had wanted to continue the hardwoods, but Jerry was concerned about safety for the girls and I concurred. So in went the carpet and it sure looks nicer than what used to be there! The floor received its last coating of polyurethane this morning, and tomorrow it can be walked on. 
The fireplace guy is coming to give me advice in the morning, and then hopefully I can make my final decisions and get things ordered.
Jake pulled all the carpet in the basement in preparation for the new carpet down there, as a result of the pipe issue. I hope to get an estimate on the ceiling and lighting in the next few days. AARGH! Not on,y is the polar vortex back and we are housebound again, but the house I am bound in is torn apart!
Take me back to Pijnacker and my ultra modern concrete floored house!
!


No comments:

Post a Comment