Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Eating the inventory

Jerry read in one of his financial magazines that one of the best ways to start off 2013 is by saving money...Now I think he could have figured that one out for himself, don't you! But they did list a couple of things we are trying already, such as grooming your dog at home (poor Buddy!) and only buying used cars (Jer loves the big truck--found out it has an automatic starter--it works from the kitchen door!) and the big one for us...Eat The Inventory! Between the big pantry, Costco and transporting sweet red peppers and clam sauce across state lines (Jersey does it better, what can I say?) we have way to much food in the house. So we made a pledge to try not to grocery shop in the month of January. Now we know we will have to buy milk and fresh produce, but so far the only grocery item we have bought is a case of green beans, because Cassie is in the house.  We made pizzas on Saturday with crusts from the pantry and loads of stray toppings floating around the fridge. And today Cassie and I made cookies with some steel cut oats I found in the cereal section. We broke out the apron I got her for Christmas and I hope it gets alot of use in the next few years! I will let you know how we do with our January project and if I invite you for dinner, BEWARE!
the pizza team

kitchen sink pizza make you have stremph!

before baking

after baking and ready to eat

beware of flying pepperoni when Djadja and Uncle Danny are in the kitchen

my first time making cookies with Cookie!

I like to stir



tasting the batter, it's yummy!

my cookies are AWESOME!

Harry hopes I drop some crumbs, but I am eating them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment