Friday, May 4, 2012

Inspiration through my kids


Danny just finished reading this book. Now Charlotte has started it. Molly plans to ask her football loving Dad to read it with her when he gets home. That is pretty neat to me. Danny shared with us that each chapter starts with a bible verse. "I found one that our family can work on" he announced at lunchtime." Sounds great", said I, "lets hear it"

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also forgives you.
Ephesians 4:32

Very powerful on so many levels, isn't it?  We struggle with the girls and their behaviour toward each other, and focusing on this is so much better than yelling "cut it out!" for the 900 billionth time!
The forgiving each other part is important to, I tend to hold on to more things than I should. But the most awesome part is the reminder about how God, in Christ, forgives us and continues to do so daily, not because we deserve it, but because he loves us. Wow! Amen to that, I say! And Thanks be to God!
So pick up the young reader version or the full adult copy and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment