Sunday, October 25, 2015

Saturday Racing

Parc de Woluwe was the sight of our 5K ladies race today. And what a day! Gorgeous fall weather, golden leaves drifting down from the trees, and euro pop playing on the loudspeakers! We had dropped Danny off at Coach Smiths house, a 2K distance from the race start, to do a guys workout. The girls from the team would join us for the ladies run. We joined the free yoga class in progress and got all stretched out and warmed up. Received a free beverage from Tao, a sponsor, after class! Yum! We cheered on Maddy, Miranda's little sister in the kids run, then lined up for our turn. Molly headed right to the front with the Coaches daughters, Kayla and Sydney. I love her confidence! Charlotte and I started together but she soon broke away...I guess now that my birthday has passed I'm even slower :(
The course was nice. Uphill and down. Inspirational signs hanging from the lampposts. And at the end, a lovely bunch of swag! The CC team headed back to Coaches house for a BBQ with real America hamburgers (Mrs. coach works for the embassy) and other treats. A good time was had by all, even if my time wasn't so good!
The swag!
The happy runner!
Kicking it up the hill
Strong finish for Molly, talk about running through!
Charlotte finishes well
My triumphant post cartwheel stance
Charlotte, me, Maddy, Kayla, Sydney and Molly
The CC team and Caoch Smith
His girls took first and third!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment