Saturday, May 25, 2013

Making my Mom feel as special as she is!

Surprise! My Mom came up to my sisters house to spend the weekend. We had a family communion on Saturday and plans for a play and dinner on Sunday. What she didn't know was that I was going to be there. I arranged to fly home on Tuesday and headed to Parsippany after the panel wound down on Friday afternoon.I spent a wonderful couple of hours sitting out on Susan's driveway in the sunshine visiting with she and Allie while we waited for Mom to arrive. Boy was she surprised to see me! In fact she was so thrilled I felt a bit bad, because Sooz is the one who arranged the play and dinner plans. I don't want to be a glory hog! We had a beautiful weekend together, full of sunshine and fun. We spent Saturday morning at Christopher's soccer game and the afternoon at Mickey's house celebrating Taylor's first communion. We plopped Mom on the deck under the umbrella with Uncle Joe and they held court there as the elder statesmen of the family. The food was great and Mickey had finished his kitchen remodel at 1:30 am the morning of the communion! On Sunday we went to mass, then over to the Paper Mill Playhouse to see Thoroughly Modern Millie. I remember going to the papermill with my girl scout troop and on school field trips and it is still a neat little spot. Susan had gotten us great seats and the show was fantastic! There is so much good dancing, and it is funny and happy, the perfect Mother's Day type play. Then we went over to a new restaurant that recently opened at South Mountain Reservation. It overlooks the lake and you can see the little Zoo train going by across the water. It was quite pricey but the food was gourmet and good. We had a lovely time, with loits of good conversation. Monday morning Mom headed back to Toms River and Susan and I spent the day shopping, drinking coffee and talking nonstop! In other words, a perfect day! Tuesday my car arrived early and I got to the airport so quickly I was able to get on an earlier flight--don't worry, I still kept my first class seat! What a wonderful time with my Mom and my sister and brother-a gift of time and love.
Cousin Mickey

Amy and Taylor

Taylor loved Mom's gift

Susan, Mom and me

our show

Susan, Catherine and Donnie

Mom and Catherine at The Boathouse

yummy dessert

family group!


our whole group

No comments:

Post a Comment